Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A good friend left us, the heat tried to kill us, and the Lord still blessed us

     Hello family and friends and old companions! Well this week has been rough but a lot has been learned. Jose Angel passed away early Tuesday morning due to health complications. We saw him just a day before he left and he was sleeping very peacefully which was very good to see. Mario (his nephew) was able to make it back from Mexico in time to be with him before he died so that was also really good. Jose was able to accomplish a ton before he left; he was able to be baptized for his dad, brother, and uncle. So anyway that was rough this week but also good because he can finally rest.

With President Guthrie

      Moving on from that it was really hot this week, absolutely terribly hot! The Lord however did bless us with a wonderful new family to teach and so that will be great to begin working with them! President Guthrie was able to come out with us yesterday even though he was super super tired/busy he made some time for us which was awesome! I'm going to enjoy working with him the last little stretch. I learned the importance of humility this week. Specifically humility regarding the promptings of the Spirit. I recognized in myself that I must follow whatever the Spirit prompts me to do or else I will lose the blessing of His guidance. I also learned that the Spirit will not dictate everything that I need to do, that's a beautiful blessing that the Lord has given us all is the freedom to choose. Follow the Spirit when He prompts you, otherwise use your best judgment and go and do!
Los amo,
Élder Clements

Élder Dye found this lens and this was the result, haha!