Tuesday, September 12, 2017

In the midst of destruction and sadness, there is light!


Sept. 4, 2017  
Wow...what a week! Let me first start off by saying I am so grateful for the light and love that the Gospel of Jesus Christ offers EVERYONE. The news covers mostly the Houston area and yes the devastation up there is massive, but let me tell ya, it's just as bad here in our zone! Friendswood is destroyed, as well as Dickinson, and Rosharon. Alvin was not to badly effected, so we were blessed. As I have seen the tears and worry in the eyes of those we have served, I have seen the light of Christ that radiates from His representatives, soothing and calming the pain of loss. I have received answers to prayers and questions I have had for a long time this week, during scripture study and service, that have brought to light a deeper love for the Gospel. I LOVE my mission, I LOVE the dear people I serve, and I LOVE our Savior! It is amazing how people are suddenly able to work together to help each other! I can not express the gratitude I have for my life and for the opportunity I have to serve.
Love, 
Elder Clements 


"O Lord, do not suffer that this people shall be destroyed by the sword; but Lord, rather alet there be bfamine in the land, to stir them up in remembrance of the Lord their God, and perhaps they will repent and turn unto 
thee." Helaman 11:4