Thursday, November 24, 2016

2 weeks in

   

  Pues, Hola Mi Familia y Mi Amigos! This week has literally flown by. Not much new has happened this week and I don't really have any amazing stories this time LOL. We've been teaching this woman ... She has the worst life I have ever heard of but I will not go into anymore detail regarding her life, just know that it has been horrible. She's 26 right now and has a son, whom she loves very much.
    Lesson of the week I learned is...Don't teach people that are completely stoned out of their minds. Also something sad happened last P-day. We had an elderly sister's husband die Monday from brain cancer, we found out when we went just to visit and found a very distraught wife at home just waiting for a message from the Missionaries. We taught her about the plan de salvacion and ended with a good prayer from Elder Smith. 
     It's cold here now, and like I mean it is COLD. It's probably only 50 degrees but with the humidity it just cuts through you, especially when we have to ride bikes everyday wherever we go. I love the cold compared to the heat but wow its cold. Que mas...que mas? Ah yes we went riding a few days ago to a members house for splits and earlier it was a torrential down pour but we thought it had ended... ohhhhh how we were mistaken lol. We got going and it started to sprinkle, but we saw some blue sky and figured all would be good. We kept going and 10 minuets later that blue sky had scurried away as we felt the clouds tighten up and release all they had, and they had plenty. I didn't have a rain jacket and even then it probably wouldn't have done much good. Long story short, we got completely drenched. 
     Anyway, I've grown tired of typing. I know that God is there, as is His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that we can be made whole again through The Plan of Salvation. I know faith is required for everything we do. I love this work and know it is worth the struggle. 
Love, 
Elder Clements.