Thursday, July 13, 2017

Drummin' in the heat


July 10th
Well once again it's P-day and this transfer is almost already over! I've been out now a little over 9 months and I still have no idea what I'm doing LOLZ. Well first off it was flippin' hot this week, nothing like sweat marks and tan lines! One of our investigators is coming to church and has accepted to be baptized on the 30th of this month! She is such a sweet woman and is very understanding of the Gospel. We found some new investigators this week also so I'm excited to continue to work with them and hopeful progress them towards repentance and peace. OHHHHHHH something super cool as far as worldly things go, it happened last P-day when we started proselyting. Elder Ibarra and I were out knocking doors when the slight sound of drums touched my ears, immediately my interest was spiked as I know a little something of the drum game. I narrowed the sound down to two doors and we knocked one...and sure enough the sound of heaven was coming from that door! A fellow opened the door and he proudly exclaimed that he's gay.  I asked if I could play his drums and he said of course and we actually had a short little jam session with his boyfriend and the missionaries! Hearts were softened towards the church and I walked away with a massive smile on my face! Even though we don't realize it our actions are seen, and we should do our best to constantly be looking for opportunities to share the gospel and soften hearts. 
Love, 
Elder Clements